I've made some films... I've learned somethings... I'd like to share those experiences and learn some of yours.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Creating a World
One of the greatest things about making movies is that you get to create a world. I want this blog to be a world too, and I hope some people will help me in creating it. In this blogging world I want to share a few of my experiences with making films as a hobbyist. I certainly used every resource that I could when I began video taping the world around me and I hope to pass some of the information that I have tested. I also look forward to talking to others who have a similar interest in making movies. There are plenty of short-cuts, solutions to problems, and creative "out of the box" thinking that I hope to pass on here, and I hope to learn things too.
Labels:
About
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm really looking forward to learning a lot about how to get my family/travel shorts to be something people would like to see. I'm looking for a replacement digital camera for the one I dropped in water last year. I don't have the room to carry 2 cameras. So if you got around to recommending something decent for both stills and video for $250 or less I would really sit up and take notice. :-)
ReplyDeleteI would love to recommend a digital camera. I tend to gravitate towards Canon equipment, mostly due to their ease of use, strong battery life, and manual or custom controls (if you like that sort of thing). Within the $250 range, I recommend the Canon PowerShot 14.1 Megapixel. The model number is SX210IS. With this camera, you can shoot landscapes, up close, and HD video. It is thin enough to carry during any outing. As a little warning, the video will look best when shot with an adequate amount of light. Some digital artifacts will appear when shooting in low light situations. I hope this helps!
ReplyDeleteThanks, I loved my Cannon PowerShot SD800 IS which I had used for about 5 years before I dunked it. Would have no problem staying with that brand, assume my batteries would still work in a newer model. One of my other choices is the Nikon S8100, about $250 at Walmart. Or what about getting a refurbished model straight from Nikon (not always available).
ReplyDelete